1. Note to WWE Booking staff. If one guy is getting really cheered and another is getting really booed, it’s probably smarter to turn the guy being BOOED instead of taking the guy who is super over and trying to make him the bad guy. Oh Lordi.
2. Finished JLU’s final season last night. Wow was that anti-climactic. Especially compared to the last DVD set. Nothing really stood out as good this season. Merely mediocre.
3. it hit 80 degrees yesterday. 80! It was so wonderful and nice out. YAY WARM WEATHER. I love the warm weather.
4. I still haven’t played Theme Park yet. The only video game stuff I’ve done since that last review has been to make CM Punk and Masato Tanaka for SD vs Raw 2006.
5. So last night of all people Laura called. She’s like, “Hey, can we hang out sometime?” I’m like “Sure. Why not?” She’s like “Okay, I’ll be over in a few minutes.” Click. Oookay then. So I do a little bit of cleaning thinking it will be a few minutes. No. Silly Alex. It was a few seconds. Literally. My buzzer rings less than a minute later. Ooookay. I open the door and in she comes, along with a guy in tow.
Now, you’d think I’d be surprised by this. But I’m not. You see this is neither the first nor second time she has done this. She tends to call me up out of the blue after a long period of not talking to her. Then she forgets to mention she’s bringing her current beau with. Poor Trevor. It was total deja vu for me as it was just like when she brought this guy John over. Same body language, same non verbals, same treatment of “Don’t touch me at all in front of Alex”. Same everything. I don’t even think she’s aware of it, but oh man was it ever a “Let’s compare the current to the Main Eventah.” That sounds really arrogant, but I’ve been through this with her before and I can read her like a book to the point where I can tell what she’s going to do/say before she does it. Which is amusing in how I can annoy her with that ability o’ mine.
The three of us hung out for an hour, talking pop culture and bunnies and so on. Then they invited me to the Red Dragon with them and I made up an excuse not to go. Laura + booze around me has never and will never be a good combo and I didn’t want to risk history repeating itself. Nothing would have happened on my end, but I do know from the horrible blizzard concert in Feb that with even a partial drink in her, she got a little “nostalgic” and that was uncomfortable enough. Her bf seems like a pretty nice guy and I didn’t want anything embarassing or that couldn’t be taken back to happen. I’m sure I’ll drop her an email later this week asking what was really on her mind just to get her to verbalize it instead of letting her think she’s any good at being sneaky.
For the most part she’s a good kid and has grown up a lot since I dumped her (which admittedly isn’t a hard thing). She means well and has really broken her self-destructive streak. I think it just comes down to still having a little crush on me. Which makes it a little bit hard to hang around her on the rare occasions I do see her simply because of the memories of when…well, let’s just say she felt a lot more for me at one point than I did for her.
They left and I went back to playing with bunnies and watching cartoons.
6. Horrorfest DVD’s come out today! The MSRP is 14.99 each, but Best Buy is selling all 7 (Abandonded will eventually come out later) for $60 if you buy them as a whole outright. I have a $20 reward certificate so it’ll be $40 for 7 horror films. Pretty good deal considering how expensive horror has gotten.
7. I need to pick up the Captain America arcade game either this weekend or the weekend of the 14th. I forgot that the weekend of the 7th, when I wanted to get it is Easter Weekend. Silly Jew! If it’s going to stay at Spike’s for the time being, then I have to get it on the 14th. If it’s going to live with Matt, I don’t know what weekend will work best. I’ll have to call him and find out.